Join the growing Journyx team! Employees at some of the world’s largest companies use Journyx solutions to increase productivity and save money. Market demand for our intelligent project time tracking software is growing fast, so Journyx is looking to expand our development team. We are looking for Software Engineers with an enthusiasm for creative programming, a drive for individual excellence, and a commitment to maximize customer value.
The Software Engineer position shares responsibility with product, development and QA teams for designing, coding, testing and implementing Journyx features for our mobile, client, and web-based applications. The Software Engineer position may also share responsibility for maintaining software, as well working directly with customers to design and implement custom features as part of professional services engagements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with product management to understand user needs, and work with senior engineers to understand & refine solution design and standards in order to produce high quality, maintainable code with high customer acceptance/ satisfaction.
- Work with QA to ensure that new code is adequately covered and thoroughly tested.
- Work with product management to produce clear documentation for new feature functionality and functionality changes.
- Potentially work with professional services to assess customer needs for custom features, draft statements of work, write code that satisfies the requirements, test code for delivery to customers, and solicit customer acceptance upon delivery.
- Contribute to the development team’s progress for product and/or professional services work at-hand, as well as assist to continuously improve processes.
- Attend security and other professional training as needed.
- CS degree, EE degree, or equivalent demonstrated programming experience.
- Self-motivated and able to see assignments through to completion.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to excellence and personal accountability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (for communicating with internal stakeholders and documenting work; possibly for communicating with customers as well).
- Undergraduate degree.
- Strong understanding of OOP patterns, practices, and principles.
- Demonstrable Python programming skills.
- Working understanding of SQL and relational databases.
- C# programming skills a strong plus (Java skills an adequate substitute).
- Experience with mobile app development a plus.
- Agile software development understanding a plus.
Our Core Values:
We take our core values very seriously at Journyx, and we are deliberate about who joins and stays on our team based upon these values. Consider whether these values match who you are (or can be) and the type of team you want to join.
- Accountability – We each fully own our responsibilities, and we share in the team’s successes and mistakes.
- Fairness – We consistently act in good faith to provide real value to our clients and our colleagues.
- Constructiveness – We address all problems optimistically and constructively.
Interested in this Position?
To apply, click below to send us your resume with cover letter.