System Administration/IT Engineer I - Austin, TX
Join the growing Journyx team! Market demand for our intelligent project time tracking solutions is growing fast, so Journyx is looking to expand our IT team. Journyx helps companies throughout the world understand and optimize their businesses. We are looking for System Administration and IT Engineers with an enthusiasm for technology and a commitment to individual excellence.
Based at our HQ in Austin, TX, the System Administration and IT Engineer is responsible for Journyx corporate systems, customer cloud sites, and cloud infrastructure.
All Journyx employees are required to read, understand and apply all company processes and procedures and are also required to uphold our core values.
Journyx Core Values
Accountability – we each fully own our responsibilities and we share in the team’s successes and mistakes
Fairness – we consistently act in good faith to provide real value to our clients and our colleagues
Constructiveness – we address all problems optimistically and constructively
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work with the Director of IT to understand, maintain and deploy corporate systems; work with the Director of IT and V.P. of Engineering to understand & refine Journyx business systems.
- Deploy, support and maintain Journyx customer cloud sites and cloud infrastructure.
- Contribute to the team’s progress both on the product work at-hand, as well as continuously improving processes.
- Work with the Director of Compliance to develop and maintain auditable policies and procedures.
- CS, EE or Information Technology degree or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Familiarity with and ability to perform basic management, troubleshooting, deployment and support of Microsoft operating systems.
- Familiarity with and ability to perform basic management of Linux operating systems.
- Ability to support internal users; troubleshooting and deploying fixes, software and systems for Internal IT.
- Self-motivated and energetic.
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Commitment to excellence and personal accountability
- Due to requirements for documentation of compliance and auditing practices, excellent written and verbal skills are required.
Other Skills We Value for this Role:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies.
- Knowledge of web technologies
- Experience with the Python programming language or equivalent object-oriented language capable of deployment in a multi-architecture environments (Microsoft/Linux)
- Knowledge of SQL and database technologies and usage
- Security best practices
- Basic to advanced WordPress knowledge
Interested in this role?
To apply, click below to send us your resume with cover letter.
Hiring Manager: John Maddalozzo, Vice President of Engineering