Technical Support Engineer
Join the growing Journyx support team! Journyx helps companies throughout the world understand and optimize their businesses. We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer with an enthusiasm for technology and a commitment to individual excellence.You will become a subject matter expert on the technical nuances of our product and its underlying software. The position is based at its headquarters in Austin, TX. The ultimate goal of this position is to ensure that our customer experience is best-in-class.
All Journyx employees are required to read, understand, and apply all company processes and procedures and are also required to embody and uphold our core values.
Journyx Core Values
- Accountability – we each fully own our responsibilities and we share in the team’s successes and mistakes
- Fairness – we consistently act in good faith to provide real value to our clients and our colleagues
- Constructiveness – we address all problems optimistically and constructively
- Helping customers solve technical issues within their Journyx system, via phone and email and track support cases in Microsoft CRM
- Answering questions from customers about the features and capabilities of Journyx products
- Answer all Journyx cases escalated to you, taking responsibility for bug fixing and resolving cases in a manner that achieves customer satisfaction
- Developing customer relationships
- Communicating customer needs and wishes to our development and engineering team
- Work closely with other employees of Journyx
- Assist Sales Representatives with support questions of a technical nature (backed up by Product Mgmt./Development)
- Excellent telephone mannerisms
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Background in electronics, networking, software, or other technical skills
- Strong general computer skills including the following
- Software install/uninstall
- Windows software including Word, Excel, etc.
- Ability to think logically and work through problems with diligence and patience
- Detail-oriented and proactive, able to excel in a small company environment
- Demonstrate commitment to company core values by leading, acting and behaving in a manner consistent with these values
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 1-3 years of experience in a software support position.
- Four-year or associate degree in a STEM field preferred.
- Completion of coding bootcamp or desire to learn basic coding skills also preferred.
About Journyx, Inc.
Journyx is an Austin, TX-based independent software vendor. Our flagship Journyx product is
used by thousands of companies worldwide to track and manage their time, expenses and
resources. Employees at some of the world’s largest companies use Journyx solutions to
increase productivity and save money.
Journyx, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.
Hiring Manager: Curt Finch, CEO
Job Type: Full-time
- United States (Required)
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Other types of insurance