You are here
Scope of this Policy
This policy covers the handling of personal information that Journyx, Inc. and agents acting on its behalf (“Journyx,” “we,” or “our”) collects and receives. Personal information includes your name, address, email address, or phone number, and other personally-identifiable information that is not otherwise publicly available. Personal information includes information regarding your past use of Journyx products and services, your use of www.journyx.com and/or any Journyx web sites.
In general, Journyx uses information that we collect from you to customize content, contact you, respond to your questions, provide you with products and services, improve our products and services, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Journyx collects personal information from you when you register with Journyx on our website, download documents from our website, or register for Journyx events (whether from our website, other’s sites, or offline). Journyx also collects personal information when you use our products or services, when you visit Journyx pages or the pages of certain Journyx partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. From time to time, Journyx may combine the personal information we collect from you with information we obtain from other companies.
If you register for a Journyx event, Journyx will ask for contact information such as your name, address, and email address. Other, event-specific information might be requested to help organize or customize the event. We will send you Journyx service communications using the information you provide upon event registration; to opt out of receiving any such communications, do not register. If you have registered, and wish to opt out of receiving such communications, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your opt-out request.
Information Collected Automatically
Journyx automatically receives information from your browser that we record on our server logs, including your IP address, Journyx cookie information, and the page you request. We also receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us via our website of other Journyx internet site pages:
- Information from your browser, including your IP address, your computer's name, your operating system, browser type and version, CPU speed, and connection speed.
- The URL you linked from to get to our web pages, your clickstream through and from our web site, and other generally accepted tracking information.
- A confirmation when you receive and/or open email from us.
- Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, which we will handle in accordance with this policy:
- Information from a business partner who provides fulfillment or other services that are related to our products and services.
- Updated contact information from third parties to update our records so that we may fulfill requests from you or communicate with you.
- Demographic and purchase information from third parties in order to provide you with more targeted communications and promotions.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Journyx does not disclose, sell, or share your personal information with other parties or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We will transfer your personal information if Journyx is acquired by or merged with another company.
- From time to time, Journyx may display targeted advertisements designed to meet advertising performance goals based on knowledge and understanding that we may gain from personal information—in particular, or in the aggregate. Advertisers or ad-providing companies may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet one or more targeting criteria. Journyx does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
Journyx sends email to our users and to people who have expressed interest in our solutions:
Event registrations: Journyx will notify you by email of your event details, send event reminders, or notify you when those details change.
Your Journyx account: Journyx may send a welcoming email to new customers or event registrants. We may also confirm account changes by email, invite you to participate in surveys or inform you of important product or service updates related to our core business.
Information about services you receive: We may email you with information related to the services you receive from us.
Optional email messages from Journyx: You may also occasionally receive information or special promotions from Journyx about additional services. You may update your preference for receiving such messages by opting out in the footer of the email.
Optional email from trusted third parties: With your consent, Journyx may share your information with trusted third parties so that you may receive information or opportunities from them about relevant products and services they offer.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers stored on your computer's hard drive by websites. When you visit Journyx.com, create a user account, or otherwise interact with a Journyx event online, we may set cookies on your computer. Cookies can help Journyx identify you as a repeat visitor and maintain session information for logged-in users. We track usage trends and patterns, using cookies, to improve our website.
Information Associated with your Account
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to our services, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the Journyx Newsletter, that are considered part of your Journyx account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
Confidentiality and Security
We limit access to your personal information to our employees and agents who have a reasonable need for that information to provide products or services to you in the performance of our business.
Your personal information is protected by physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations.
'No Spyware' Policy
Journyx products do not contain software that is installed deceptively to gather information about you without your knowledge (called “Spyware”).
If you have questions or concerns about your personal information and how it is used, please contact
Attn: Human Resources, Privacy Officer
7600 Burnet Road, Suite 300
Austin, Texas 78757
The Journyx Privacy Office will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints or disputes regarding the use and disclosure of personal data in accordance with this policy.
Safe Harbor Adherence
Journyx complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework, including the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles. Journyx will cooperate with the European Union Data Protection Authorities (“DPA”) in the investigation and resolution of complaints brought under the Safe Harbor framework. Journyx will comply with recommendations of the DPA with written confirmation that such action was taken.
The United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Act regulates Journyx’s adherence to this policy. If you feel that Journyx has not abided by this policy or by the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Privacy Principles, you may file a complaint with the FTC at www.ftc.gov.
To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Journyx's certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/