Tyco Integrated Security
Tyco Integrated Security Tracks Over 9,000 Projects Using Journyx
What Journyx did for us:
Within the Tyco Integrated Security business, the Operations group uses Journyx to track customers, products used and sales supported. With some modification the Journyx system was able to create reports providing the information needed.
As an experienced partner for advanced business security solutions, Tyco Integrated Security works hard to help secure the majority of Fortune 500 companies, as well as businesses of all sizes. Having been in the business for over 138 years, Tyco has the leadership experience and passion to advance business security.Tyco realized they needed customized reports to provide detailed information on overhead spend (vacations, training, etc.), and on how much time is being spent on engineering projects to determine if they had met their plan. Additionally, they needed a tool for future planning. Without insight into the allocation of engineering labor across the organization, project profitability was at risk.
Within the Tyco global organization, approximately 1,200 employees now track time within Journyx. Inside the Tyco Integrated Security business, the Operations group uses Journyx to track customers, products used and sales supported. With some modification, the Journyx system is able to create reports to provide the information needed. The Operations division is currently tracking over 9,000 projects in the database.
Each of the product companies utilize Journyx to track Engineering hours by project for several purposes, including:
- Monitoring the balance of new/sustained engineering resources and the accuracy of non-recurring engineering development cost estimates
- Allocating labor costs for engineering shared services between business units
- Documenting work for the billing of professional services and amortization tax reporting
- Assessing schedules during planning phase
- Monitoring staff burn rating during projects
- Calculating project cost during post-mortem
- Evaluating the staffing distribution among projects on a monthly basis
- Managing vacation and holiday time in certain locations
Journyx is also used by the Tyco Fire Protection IT Global Shared Services team to track time being spent on support and major projects within their IT department. Reporting out of Journyx is used to track costs for allocating operation expenses back to the various Tyco Products divisions.
Let’s Get Started. Book a Demo Today.
Journyx helps you track time for projects, payroll, and more. Learn how Journyx can help you use time to your advantage in your business.