Track project time and expenses more effectively with Journyx + Microsoft® Project
Microsoft® Project is great for project planning and management, but it lacks tools for tracking project actuals in one place and managing assignments and allocations. Journyx Projectlink™ is built to solve this problem by integrating Journyx time and expense tracking software with Microsoft Project – so you can stay focused on delivering your projects, on time and on budget.
Journyx is a powerful system for tracking project time and expense actuals and monitoring project status across the entire enterprise—giving you a clear view into project and non-project time and expenses. Journyx Projectlink provides a bi-directional integration between Journyx and Microsoft Project to ensure that your critical project data—such as actual project time worked or expenses—can be synchronized with your Microsoft Project system to keep project plans up-to-date.
With Journyx time tracking solution for Microsoft Project, you can:
- Track project time and costs once in Journyx and sync data to both Microsoft Project and your ERP system to keep project budgets up-to-date.
- Roll time and cost data up into the right projects in Microsoft Project.
- Track detailed project actuals at any time from any location, on desktop or mobile devices.
- View accurate, real-time status updates for project coordination and cost accounting and control.
- Easily sync your Journyx time and cost data to Excel spreadsheets.
So... How does Journyx's integration with Microsoft Project work?
Journyx takes the tasks, resources, and assignments in Microsoft Project and creates corresponding entries represented as projects, users, and groups—respectively.
Once all the information is synchronized, Journyx has a list of hierarchical projects that correspond to the tasks in Microsoft Project. Any resources listed in Microsoft Project are now users in Journyx who can log in and start using the time tracking software from any cloud-based device.
After employees track time to specific tasks in Journyx or update remaining work estimates in Journyx PX, those time entries and estimate changes are transferred back to MS Project as ‘Actual Work’ and ‘Work’ changes. This synchronization of information gives you enhanced MS Project resource management so you can make better use of your employees’ time and efforts.